Content Marketing is the strategic marketing process of establishing and distributing consistent content that is useful, enlightening and is entertaining for the potential customers. Content Marketing is important because not only does it help create authority for your brand, but it also sets you up with a community of devoted customers.
Customers rely on search engines for solutions, and the best moment to win new customers is to be present when they search for things in your niche. This is precisely why it is pertinent to keep up with SEO trends. Here is a curation of the latest SEO trends that will influence content marketing in times to come:
1. Search engines are not text-only anymore: Have you heard of Alexa, which was developed by Amazon? Or Google Home? These are personal assistants that are taking the world by storm. They help answer any of your queries over speakers, just like if you were having a conversation with your buddy. You don’t have to type; your voice is the input.
This easy access to searching has made it more omnipresent than ever. To remain relevant, you must create content that shows up in search results on these different formats and platforms. It is hence important to get into your customers’ minds and deliver what they want. This will help you open the door to rational and creative means of optimization of search.
2. Turning to user-generated content: User-generated content is the content that your customers create to talk about your business. It cements the “trust” factor, which is one of the driving forces of content marketing. You should encourage your customers to write reviews, share photos and videos to talk about the benefits they are getting out of your product.
When you offer incentives for the customers to write reviews, it will encourage both offline and online word-of-mouth. However, user-generated content is a double-edged sword and will backfire if not employed correctly. Specially if there’s a disgruntled customer there are higher chances of him living a negative feedback than a happy customer leaving a positive feedback.
3. Think of the deep-rooted benefits of search strategies: When you prioritize organic search, it is common to focus on short-term wins. However, the problem about search is that the biggest profits are not visible forthwith.
Search Engine Optimization is a mixture of a brand-building exercise as well as authority-building. Therefore, it does not help if you think short-term. Short-term strategies are fine to get started. However, you have to focus on long-term strategies to build a solid base for your brand.
4. Personalize for relatability: A study by IBM Digital Experience concluded that 56% of marketers believe that customized content boosts commitment rates. Another study notes that 80% of marketers believe personalized content is more efficient because it is direct and to the point. There are many studies conducted that conclude the same effect of content marketing. These studies are a huge driving force towards personalizing content.
Personalization helps the customer remember a brand better and hence creates a stronger bond with the brand. Remember, you cannot please them all. However, what you can do is create content that the majority of the audience would like to see.
5. Being available even when you are not: Chatbots are a helpful solution for when the blog posts and videos aren’t cutting it anymore. They have real-time automated conversations with your customers. They change your image from a brand-focused business to a customer-focused one.
Chatbots use either Rule-based or Natural Language Programming to interact with your customer. When the bot provides your customer with the solution he is looking for, he leaves a happy camper. If the bot fails to satisfy your customer, you can always use the information from that chat to create content around it. It’s a win-win for both of you.
6. The stage for content marketing is set for future: In the past, we used search engines to guide traffic to our sites. These days though, Google is displaying web page content on search engine result pages (SERP) rather than redirecting to the actual page. The search engines now want lesser and lesser redirects from the SERPs. Therefore, it is of utmost importance that you create content that is truly valuable, educational and interesting. When customers do actually land on your site, they are delivered purposeful information with quality content. This is the criteria based on which the search engines pick up content worth that is worth displaying.
At Results Driven Marketing LLC, we've been guiding our customers and building content marketing strategies to help rank their websites. Essentially turning clicks into clients. If you're looking to increase traffic to your website and also up your conversions, give us a call at 215-393-8700 to find out how we can help.