1. I resolve to understand my customers better. What drives them, what motivates them, and how to reach them in a way that is helpful -- never intrusive.
2. I resolve to try to blog more frequently and eloquently.
3. I resolve to put a real effort into making trackback work effectively.
4. I resolve to try to determine why dmoz.org has become so awful about adding new sites.
5. I resolve to try to get back to reading the Marketing Sherpa Best-of-Weekly newsletter on a regular basis. It is the best marketing newsletter on the planet.
6. I resolve to learn more than necessary, and teach as much as possible. Marketing Profs is a great resource for online marketing wisdom. You can find a great summary of life lessons here.
7. I resolve to be more strategic in my thinking and planning.
8. I resolve to write more clearly and effectively. And avoid using sentence fragments. Really.
9. I resolve to build more bridges than I burn.
10. I resolve to be a better dad and husband. Work is important, but it's not the most important part of life.
My bonus 11th resolution is to try to get back to communicating more regularly with my online friends, including Yvonne at Lip-Sticking, Jay at Smart Marketing, Albert at Marketing Edge, Skip at Marketing Genius, Kelly at Kelly Allan Associates, and Thad at Moreover.
Best wishes to you for a happy new year, whatever your resolutions may be.
Terms: marketing resolutions, marketing wisdom, business blogging, Moreover Technologies
The portal for Web marketing strategy: WebMarketCentral.com
Contact Mike Bannan: Mike@digitalrdm.com