Promising deeper support for a "conversational model of marketing," the new release provides 75 user interface enhancements as well as new features including:
- More fine-grained control over segmentation, targeting, and triggering;
- "Progressive profiling" on forms (i.e. additional profile is requested as a prospect moves through an interactive process);
- Native integration with Salesforce.com;
- Web visitor profiling; and
- Automated duplicate lead removal.
Marketo competes with products such as Eloqua, Silverpop Engage B2B (formerly Vtrenz), and Manticore in the marketing automation / demand generation space. Less directly, the company competes functionally with website visitor profiling / post-click marketing vendors such as LeadLander.
Companies seeking to improve the efficiency of their lead generation and lead management processes should first identify the gaps in their existing processes and most pressing needs before beginning a vendor evaluation process. But with an established platform and 200 enhancements in its new release, Marketo Lead Management 3.0 is definitely worth a look for midsize and larger enterprises who have focused internal lead management resources.